Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumALCBSA: GeneralScottish Counties 2022
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Scottish Counties 2022

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next

Can I throw my name in to the hat? Thanks jamie.

Monsoon111 has reacted to this post.
Monsoon111

I'd also like to put my name on the list, thanks.

Scott Paterson added his name also

Quote from Jackal147 on December 9, 2021, 3:29 pm

Pencil me in 👍 dependant on the dates and work commitments but it's ages away but If I'm picked I'm sure it will be a great weekend as usual win or lose 🍻🍻🍻😁😁😁

Please take my name out I have no wish in playing for Aberdeen in the 2022 Counties good luck to all concerned but its not for me 😪😪😪

Cheers

Mark.O

That’s disappointing Mark. Why has it lost its flavour? It’s a great event and one you have helped win….

Quote from Monsoon111 on May 23, 2022, 12:49 am

That’s disappointing Mark. Why has it lost its flavour? It’s a great event and one you have helped win….

Hi Derek, Sorry you've picked me up wrong It wasn't the Counties that has lost it's flavour Tom Moran and Stuart Johnson and all concerned do a cracking job and love it ❤️❤️❤️ It's Aberdeen Snooker I do not wish to be a part of at the Counties 2022 because before I had fire in my belly and was raring to represent Aberdeen Snooker but lately the flame has gone and the current way of the running of the Tournaments over the last few seasons has been shocking to say the least !!! even the Committee itself can see the entries for the comps are down quite considerably due to this and I for one will be looking for huge improvements in the upcoming season.

Mark.O

Mark,

The comps this year have been difficult due to recovering from covid.  We have a few ideas regarding next years comps which we will share in due course.  The committee will do all they can to hopefully promote the comps next season. If you do not want to represent Aberdeen in one of the teams travelling in October, to what looks like an even more popular event (not run by Aberdeen Committee!!), whilst disappointing it is of course your choice.

Derek

All,

The Committee have discussed and agreed the selection process for the Scottish Counties this year. Following our final event the North of Scotland Comp, Team selection will be directly from the ranking list, so the top 8 ranked players will be invited (assuming they have played 50% of league games) to represent Aberdeen in team A, if someone declines the offer then we will work down the rankings until we have 8 players. The process will be repeated for Team B.

Whilst I appreciate the rankings are not perfect due to many not entering comps or playing as much due to work commitments they are all we have and we believe this to be the fairest selection criteria.

In addition we have placed all league players on the ranking list based on comp results and handicap. This hopefully will inspire all to push to improve and move up the rankings…..If anyone is missing please let us know.

I will be contacting each player in turn to confirm if they wish to represent Aberdeen in the Scottish Counties which is a fantastic event…

Finally I can confirm the non paying Captain for Team A is Duncan Will who always travels to support Aberdeen, this will allow all players to concentrate on playing only. We are keen to appoint a Team B non playing Captain also, anyone interested?

Regards

Derek

Good to see there will b two teams from Aberdeen

Please find Scottish Counties teams for October 1st and 2nd in Glasgow below. This will be the biggest Counties event ever with 21 teams competing stretching from Shetland to the borders…

Team A

Marc David, John McCann, Paul Hardy, Alex Main, Derek Morrison, Derek Hudson, Dave Goodfellow Jnr, Raymond Murray.

Non Playing Team Captain: Duncan Will.

Team B

Andy Gerrie, Rene Tatichek, Davie Thomson, Jamie McNolty, Scott Patterson, Stuart Leece, Bryan Robson, Steve Martin.

Non playing Capt to be confirmed.

As stated previously teams were selected directly from the rankings minus those who could not make the dates.

I think we have two great teams and will hopefully do Aberdeen proud.

Regards

Derek

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next