Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Derek Hearns Memorial

PreviousPage 6 of 7Next

No sandwiches or sausage rolls....🀦🀣🀣🀣 That's why nobody came out!! Haha. Good stuff from both lads, just was very tactical, sometimes it goes that way as we know.

Covid has changed social clubs nowadays I have noticed, and businesses in general i.e. staff going home earlier if it's dead, saving on staffing hours, energy bills etc, and I think this was the case last night. Going forward I think 7pm HAS to be the start times. Best of 7 could be a shout also, as at our standard up here, the better player should come out of that as the winner over the piece.

Final result:

John McCann 4-5 Alec Main

Day 2 of the final did not disappoint. Yesterday we saw some great match play snooker and today a mixture of tactical play and great scoring.

John took the opening frame after a long tactical frame with some great safety play. Alex responded in the next with a magnificent 105 break. The final frame again was very tactical but with much pressure on him and needing to clear all the balls to win Alex produced a wonderful 31 clearance to win his first title.

Well done to both players who managed to produce one of the best finals we have witnessed.

Thanks also to Euan Laing for a fantastic professional job of refereeing the final.

ReneT and AlecMain have reacted to this post.
ReneTAlecMain

Congratulations Alec! To beat both Marc and John to win the title is an incredible achievement! Well done pal πŸ†Β πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

AlecMain has reacted to this post.
AlecMain

Congratulations Alec, well deserved πŸ‘

AlecMain

Well done Cappy,well deserved like Stuart said to beat the 2 best players in the town,and to have a century in the final,amazing stuff.

AlecMain

Well done Alec really happy for you on your first major title, long overdue!!! Also the first man since 2015 to beat Mr Davis and Mr McCann on route to winning a ranking title.

I am sure your girls were delighted that daddy took home the trophy.

AlecMain

Thanks to everyone for the comments, messages and posts.

It goes without saying I am delighted to win my first singles competition and doing it with a century break and then a great clearance under pressure makes it even more memorable. It’s tough to beat both John and Marc who are undoubtedly two of the best players this city has ever produced.

It’s an honour to win the Derek Hearns Memorial. Derek was a formidable snooker player, a great character and friend to many, who is sadly missed by everyone in the Aberdeen snooker community.

Big shout out to John on another great tournament, he played some fantastic snooker throughout the event. We all know John will be lifting other titles soon enough as form is temporary but class is permanent and he is a class act when he gets going.

Finally, a huge thanks to Culter for hosting the event, to Euan for doing a great job refereeing, to Sandy and the members for preparing the tables and to all spectators who came along to support. πŸ‘πŸ‘

Uploaded files:
  • 60011FA8-595A-4E22-996B-75E95B3C845C.jpeg
Thommo6 has reacted to this post.
Thommo6

Well done alex thats an incredibile achevment and gives hopes to other players that it can be done.

AlecMain

Congratulations alec.absolute class palπŸ†

AlecMain

Great achievement Alec, watched the semi final with you and Marc and you played some great snooker and never bowed to any pressure but played solid match room snooker, well done I'm sure its the first of many.

Derry

AlecMain
PreviousPage 6 of 7Next