Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumALCBSA: LeagueAGM
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

AGM

PreviousPage 3 of 3

I think with it confirmed that we are losing Oldmachar 2 next season it would be good to have a Riley's team to replace them and keep the numbers up.

Regarding what night to play fixtures we probably need to be adaptable nowadays as we know clubs similar to ourselves are not open every day/night. I don't see why we can't play the odd fixture on a different day of the week which is suitable to both teams. As an example all Hazlehead's home fixtures to be played on a Tuesday as per usual apart from one fixture against Riley's which we would need to play on another night suitable to both teams. All our away fixtures to be played on a Tuesday evening apart from the away fixture to Riley's which would be played on a Monday evening. For Riley's they would have all their home fixtures on a Monday evening and their away games to be played on a Monday (where clubs are open on a Monday) and arranged for another evening when clubs are not open on a Monday.

I think this is preferable to us just deciding to change all fixtures to a Monday to accommodate Riley's, and then potentially losing more clubs than cannot comply. We would need to know which evenings each club are open to see if this would work or not.

If this can be workable it  definitely makes sense in my opinion.

Hi Dunc

where is the balance sheet located

Derry

Hi Derry sorry for late response been at the match and had a few pints after.

The  balance sheet is on home page just above the forums.

By the way great version of Stereophonics at Nastys the other night!!

Hi Committee,

Any chance of an update regarding proposals, and the minutes of the exciting AGM which took place on Thursday 25th May 😁😁😁 for all those that didn't or werent able to attend due to the sun shining 🌞🌞🌞

Cheers 👍

I’ll post minutes asap. Been busy…

Minutes from the AGM.

• Agree Committee
    • The current committee were agreed as:
    • Chairman: Derek Morrison
    • Treasurer: Duncan Will
    • League Sec: Ian Thomson
    • Comp Sec: John McCann
    • New additions to assist with comps and general business were also agreed as Ewan Laing and Gavin McRobb
  • Handicaps
    • This was discussed at length, the general opinion was that the league was very competitive last year, however a slight modification to help the higher handicaps was agreed including capping handicaps at -60 and +60.
    • For next season the max start for those playing off -50 or better will rise to 60, the max start for those playing off -40 to -48 would be 50. After that the max start would remain at max 40.
    • The max handicap has been introduced to allow more chance of someone winning multiple comps to move up the rankings and potentially make no.1 or 2.
  • Financials
    • Duncan has posted these previously.

It was agreed to reintroduce the team registration fee of £100 per team

• Competitions
    • It was agreed to continue with the discounted rate for those willing to enter all comps in advance. e.g. If a player enters Aberdeen Singles, Interclubs, Derek Hearns Memorial, North Of Scotland, Bob Benson Handicap and the doubles this will cost £15 for all, otherwise will be £5 per comp.
    • We intend to run two one frame shootout comps this coming season. One non handicap at the start of the season and one handicap shootout towards the end of the season. These will offer ranking points and cash prizes. Entry fee will be £5 for each comp and details will be posted in advance.
    • Comp Venues were also discussed as some players felt that Culter was a bit far and other clubs should get the opportunity to host comp semi and final. Clubs are welcome to host comps and should advise the committee if they wish to asap.
    • Again due to lack of spectators all comps will only be played at a venue from semi stage, with the exception of the North of Scotland which will continue to be from last 16.
  • Team compliment
    • It was discussed and agreed that the minimum number of team players will be 5 and we will return to a player being allowed to play twice, twice only throughout the season. A team can play with four or less but two frames will be lost for each player below 5..... e.g. if only four available then 2 frames are awarded to the opposition then one player plays twice.
    • When a player plays twice they will be highlighted in yellow, when the same player plays twice for the second occasion they will be highlighted in red (meaning they cannot be selected to play twice again).
    • For the team Cup, teams must have 6 players and players cannot play twice. If less than 6 available two frames will be awarded to the opposition for every player short of 6.
  • Table Preparation
    • Teams are respectfully asked to prepare tables prior to league games.

I believe this covers all matters discussed. If I have missed something please advise.

Cheers Duncan

i'm available for children's parties and barmitzvas if anyone asks

PreviousPage 3 of 3