Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumALCBSA: LeagueAGM
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

AGM

Page 1 of 3Next

The AGM will be held on Thu 25th May at Sportsman’s club at 7pm.

Please post any points you wish to raise here.

Agenda will include:

Previous AGM minutes

Financials

Agree Committee

Discuss/Agree handicap system for next season

Competitions Schedule

Counties Competition

Players playing twice/team numbers

AOB

Detek

#tables#
It's a discussion that arises among players and no wonder.
The state of some of the venues in aberdeen are well below standard that we need.
If you were lucky enough to represent aberdeen at the counties in Glasgow and believe me the topic of discussion is always how good the conditions are and rightly so it's a dream to play on and that's how it should be and it can be achieved here in the North East.
If each player from every team gives just £1 every week am sure your respective club would greatly appreciate it due to rising costs with inflation.
Am looking to hopefully learn how to re cover tables in the coming months and would easily do it for a reduced price . ( not to much like lol ).
Everything to this day is word of mouth and if we can all play a part in helping our clubs and getting our facilities to a high standard then you will see bigger interest and help our game grow.
Just look at what tam and stuart Johnson have done in Glasgow The counties is the envy of every competition in the UK at amuture level.
It will take some time but I feel the number one aim is to put snooker back on the map in the North East by putting in a little more effort.
We have all thought this on a tue night so don't lie...... oh no I hate playing there the tables are rubbish.... let's put a stop to that and get every club back to its best table wise.
Rough cost for both tables is roughly £1100. I know it's a big outlay but that's yearly and as previously mentioned if players can chip in then it's a small price to pay for excellent conditions.

I have just forwarded this on from Jamie Mcnolty.

Jamie if we started with brush,block and iron before league and comp matches would be a start

Pubies1990 has reacted to this post.
Pubies1990

Totally agree Paul only takes half hour before match to do

would go a long way for a lot of tables

Hardy has reacted to this post.
Hardy

Yeah we discussed that today Paul and your right i just can't understand why you wouldn't prepare the table before a game takes place.

Having said that it could possibly be a job opportunity for someone to go round clubs  keeping tables maintained you never know might be a few quid in it who knows.but tables must be brushed blocked and ironed on a regular basis otherwise you wreck the table and it doesn't take long before it becomes difficult to play on.

I will be making a few phone calls in the summer holidays just to see if clubs can somehow fund tables being done before the start of next season. I have spoke to Jamie ahearn and he's willing to do the job with myself as part of the learning process for me.

Would be nice to start the new season with every club having playing conditions that you don't need a sledgehammer for.

Hardy

All,

Can I ask all to consider whether they have points for discussion at the AGM.

Still quite a number looking for changes to handicap system despite the fact league was close run. We believe a slight adjustment would be in order rather than a massive change.

Proposal for discussion is as follows:

Max handicap -60 up to max +60

No point in going into the hundreds as currently if someone happened to win all comps in a season they could not make no.1 spot.

Max start raised to 60 for those at -50 or better, 50 max start for those at -40 to -48 and 40 max thereafter depending on handicap difference.

Please discuss with your team mates and we can discuss/agree at the AGM.

Derek

Prize Money Proposal for AGM

Prize Money

My proposal is that we don’t offer cash prizes for any competitions.   We still have  the discounted entry fee of £10 for all tournaments to encourage participation as this worked last season.   As an alternative rather  than cash prizes any excess after total income less expenses could  be utilised for food/entertainment/ discounted bar tab at the annual Prizegiving.

Interested to see how the association funds look after the cheap entries, no league fees or sponsor….. Only my opinion but cheap comps and no league fees doesn’t raise revenue for the association - it’s regression not progression.

I would like to propose we put the comps UP in price £30 or £40 for entry to all comps and we give some in prize money and use the remainder to run free kids coaching sessions or buy new balls / equipment / cloths etc for the member clubs.

greenbaize has reacted to this post.
greenbaize

Alec raises a good point that it would be good to raise money for the association, trying to do it via the comps though in my opinion would have a negative impact. I think the majority of members like me who get knocked out 1st or 2nd round  would feel we are just donating money to the top 4 players who normally win these comps every year. the cheap entries to the comps was a good idea to get more people involved and I think this should remain, If the association require more cash and I agree it should help struggling clubs then raise the league fees.

Great idea about coaching kids, what about some the association running an Ad in Facebook or gumtree or posters in pool/snooker clubs to find out if there is an interest from kids in learning the game, I am sure players would donate a couple of hours.

Derry

Hardy
Page 1 of 3Next