Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumALCBSA: LeagueAGM
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

AGM

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

We had kids involved few years back. 3 of them turned out excellent but we lost them to pool sadly. Pool had the option of playing for Scotland, prize funds to win etc, a bit like Glasgow and Edinburgh has for snooker. Snooker is second to pool in Aberdeen, I guess because it's more open to get involved and the social 'happy' element. Without sounding nasty, I think the negativity and slagging of individuals drives people away from our leagues. I'm not talking everyone, but some do put a very negative spin on things. Sadly personally, I'm on the end of lots of it (the stuff that gets relayed back to me is unbelievable at times, from people who don't play snooker too!). God knows how I won a trophy this year because my interest in snooker really has gone nowadays and I'm not sure if I want to play anymore to be honest. The negativity has grated on me and changed my perspective on things so yeah, some more positive comments and mindsets could help attract people in for sure! Playing should be an enjoyable experience for everyone of all abilities. I can assure you that over the years I've tried to help grow snooker in Aberdeen. People who say I've never done anything out of Aberdeen should maybe check facts first. Winner of Scottish amateur events, multiple times 4/5/6 qualifying matches to reach the top pros at PTCs all over Europe, final round at Qschool beating some guys who now play at the Crucible!! Sometimes I feel the things said are very bad considering I've represented our league in the process and putting Aberdeen on the snooker map, so perhaps some positivity would be a great starting point.

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot_20230505_100940_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

If  clubs are willing start paying entry fees like before would take 1.5k

If not then maybe 10 pounds per player entry fee would get some  needed money in

Just a thought

Regarding rankings

Some top players have hardly lost a game this season and we have players in our team that has hardly won a game which is not much fun either

Not much fun for them either they should be  sacked!.

PROPOSALS FOR AGM

All,

As we have the AGM on the 25th if there are any other proposals that you wish to be discussed/reviewed at AGM can you please add them to this chain prior to the 20th May.

Hi

I would like to propose a change in venue for the finals of the competitions and have each club stake a claim to host one of the finals each for those selected. Also in doing so for the committee share the cost of recovering tables in the clubs selected rather than just one venue.

Derry

Torry loon might end up in the Dee with his cement boots on 😂

Derry has reacted to this post.
Derry
Quote from Derry on May 12, 2023, 10:16 pm

Hi

I would like to propose a change in venue for the finals of the competitions and have each club stake a claim to host one of the finals each for those selected. Also in doing so for the committee share the cost of recovering tables in the clubs selected rather than just one venue.

Derry

Derry,

Committee are more than happy with this proposal. Just for info we do not pay for Culter table recovering but contribute a percentage.

Derek

Proposals for AGM

With the idea of moving the comps away from Culter to see if it would attract more spectators, why dont we go back to having a single tabble stored in a club where it can be put up and and taking down and only used for the semi finals and finals of competitions? It would only need clothed once every couple of years and gives any player who gets to the later stages a chance to play on the single table instead of it feling like a Tuesday night.

I think we can all agree that the handicap goinng to 40 has really made a competitive league but this needs to be finalised as a point at the AGM as it wasn't passed last year and only a trial to see how it went.

With that said we have reduced the lowest handicapers but not looked after the highest handicappers, so I propose if 40-50 they get 50 start, 50 and above get 60 and we keep to the current add 10 points when playing Davis or McCann.

The question around moving to a Wednesday to entice more pool players to join the league is a great idea but has anyone spoke to the ADPL to see if any of their members would be willing  to get teams together and actually commit to playing on a Wednesday night?

Last point is around having a handicap system running side by side with the ranking points, really what is the point in rankings with a handicap league? Don't say the competitions as the rankings now are very close to the handicaps when compared....

Regards

Gav

Some good points gav but I do hope isnt move from a Tuesday until Wednesday cause hopeville won’t be able to get team for Wednesday night

Gmcrobb has reacted to this post.
Gmcrobb

BALANCE SHEET 2022-2023

All,

The balance sheet has been added to the website in advance of our AGM on Thursday, any questions we can cover then if required.

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next