Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Scottish Counties Tournament 2023

Page 1 of 3Next

All,

The Scottish Counties team tournament will again be held in Glasgow in October (dates to be confirmed) over a Saturday/Sunday.

I have confirmed to the organisers that Aberdeen will enter two teams.

The AGM for the Counties will be held on the 1st April.

In addition they plan to introduce the inaugural Scottish Counties Singles event. This will a will be held on the Friday. The finer details for the singles event are yet to be agreed but will likely require a Counties singles qualifier competition in Aberdeen (or regional) prior to the event, but details will be posted as soon as possible.

Again the top 16 players from the rankings will be offered the opportunity to represent Aberdeen (two teams of 8), if anyone declines or cannot manage then we will work down the rankings as required until we have 16 players.

Watch this space for more info.....

Derek

All,

We are almost at the end of the season once the North of Scotland, Aberdeen Singles and the final two league games are completed the rankings will be fully updated. The final 16 will then be determined for the Counties selection. All to play for….

Derek

greenbaize has reacted to this post.
greenbaize

The dates for the Scottish Counties tournament have been confirmed as 7th and 8th October 2023.

The singles event will be the 6th with final on 8th. Still some info required regarding this which will be posted once decided.

Derek

As previous post there will be a Scottish Counties singles event held prior and during the team event.

We need to run a qualifying event in Aberdeen to determine who will represent Aberdeen in this singles event. The number of qualifiers will depend on entries.

Entrants must have played 50% of league games and also be available to travel to Glasgow for the 6th to 8th October. Entrants do not need to be part of the two teams travelling for the team event.

The Scottish Counties Singles competition will be a scratch competition with the last 32 being played on Friday 6th October down to the final which will be played on Sunday 8th October. The 16 losers will then be entered into a plate event. Matches will be best of 3 frames up to the final.

The Aberdeen qualifying event will be held over two days on 29th and 30th May. This will also be best of 3 frames per match and will be seeded (not an open draw).

We appreciate this is late notice but the details of this event have only recently been confirmed.

Please advise soonest (closing date 19th May) if you wish to enter. Entry is free. Please post your name on this forum.

I will be entering….

Surly players like Marc, John and Alec have earned there place already. Can't see any need for a another comp

Not that simple Paul. The Counties organisers set the rules. We get places based on qualifying entries. Also it should be open to all league players. I do agree they would be great ambassadors and probably have earned it but thems the rules. So no entries no one gets to play……

Hardy has reacted to this post.
Hardy

I'll enter this one too,cheers Derek.

Please put my name in too

Monsoon111 has reacted to this post.
Monsoon111

Dave Goodfellow Jnr entered…

Page 1 of 3Next