Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumALCBSA: LeagueLooking for a new team
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Looking for a new team

PreviousPage 3 of 3

This all kicked off again with Mike Spiers looking for a team to join. Culter 1 invited him to join them but he has now changed his mind. Pretty ironic!

I’ve see comments

hopeville have 9 players signed but two of them have only played 1 match between them all season cause one is back playing pool and  other has family time can’t manage on Tuesday now, So really we only have 7 players and getting 6 players every week is really hard for us cause boys got work/family/holidays. It’s hard to get players around Inverurie to come and play snooker cause only two frames on Tuesday night and Cba traveling into Aberdeen for away games and takes up ur evening.

I’m hoping players still can play twice on Tuesday next season otherwise can’t see us having a team

My Tuppenceworth…..Firstly it’s really sad to see that a post intended to find a new player a team has been turned into this nonsense. There is not a lot wrong with the current system of players playing twice as it ensures all frames are played and there isn’t much benefit to a team playing their best player twice as it’s handicap snooker anyway. The idea of not getting the points for frames played when your team is short of players makes no sense to me whatsoever and I certainly wouldn’t play extra frames if that was introduced. There is a far bigger issue needs addressed than the playing twice rule and that’s the handicap being capped at 40. There are teams now so far behind in the league that you can only admire them for still turning up on a Tuesday night  I hope I don’t sound rude saying this but their are players who need more than 40 and unless they are given the start they require it’s not s fair handicap league. Continue allowing players to play twice and get the handicap cap raised higher than 40 and that will stop any team benefiting from playing their better player twice.

Thommo6 has reacted to this post.
Thommo6
Quote from Monsoon111 on January 19, 2023, 1:57 pm

Gav,

thanks for the reply. For the record I have not suggested anyone is taking advantage or cheating. I agree we need a Captains meeting or mid AGM and will look to arrange asap. This forum was to try and find teams to take on people actively looking to join a team and so far all I’ve seen is a discussion on why teams are short of players. So again are there any takers for the guys looking to join a team???

Just got knocked back from the student who was looking for a team to play for. Says he can’t manage Tuesdays 😂

so, that’s 2 off the list.

Hi,

Me and a friend of mine (Phil) just started playing Snooker this year and have come to really love the game.

Our standards are not very high right now (can make a 20 break on a good night haha) but we are practicing at least once a week at Sportsmans and are looking for a team to join.

I have figured the best way to improve is to play against players better than you!

I don't know what Teams are looking for players but I'd love to have a chat if someone can give me some names - It'd be great to get involved in the league, even if its in a few months time when we improve some more!

Cheers,
Calum.

Quote from CalumMcCready on May 31, 2023, 8:38 am

Hi,

Me and a friend of mine (Phil) just started playing Snooker this year and have come to really love the game.

Our standards are not very high right now (can make a 20 break on a good night haha) but we are practicing at least once a week at Sportsmans and are looking for a team to join.

I have figured the best way to improve is to play against players better than you!

I don't know what Teams are looking for players but I'd love to have a chat if someone can give me some names - It'd be great to get involved in the league, even if its in a few months time when we improve some more!

Cheers,
Calum.

Hi Calum,

Thanks for posting your interest. I am speaking to all Captains to see if any team need additional players. It’s closed season at the moment so may be later before I know. In the mean time keep practicing and enjoying your snooker. I will let you know.

Derek Morrison

Chairman

CalumMcCready has reacted to this post.
CalumMcCready
Quote from Monsoon111 on June 2, 2023, 8:48 am
Quote from CalumMcCready on May 31, 2023, 8:38 am

Hi,

Cheers,
Calum.

Hi Calum,

Thanks for posting your interest. I am speaking to all Captains to see if any team need additional players. It’s closed season at the moment so may be later before I know. In the mean time keep practicing and enjoying your snooker. I will let you know.

Derek Morrison

Chairman

Cheers Derek! Appreciate the response.

Keep in touch about this, I'll keep working away at the table and hopefully come season start there will be some openings!

My number is 07807911973.

Calum.

Monsoon111 has reacted to this post.
Monsoon111

Hi everyone,

I am just checking in again to see if there are any teams looking for players?
A friend and I are looking to join a team for the upcoming season!

Give me a message back here or on 07807911973

Cheers!

Update:

Thanks to Ian at Hazelhead for reaching out to us, delighted to join a team and play in the league this year.

Thanks.

ReneT has reacted to this post.
ReneT

Nice one Calum and well done Hazlehead.Hope you enjoy your season.👍

CalumMcCready has reacted to this post.
CalumMcCready
PreviousPage 3 of 3