Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumALCBSA: LeagueLooking for a new team
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Looking for a new team

Page 1 of 3Next

Was just talking to Abbey Smith, from the old Portland team that folded. He wants to continue playing and is on the lookout for a new team. Anyone interested, let me know 07760246618 and I can pass the message to him.

Cheers

I was asked this week to remove the red from players names who have played twice,  as some teams don't have enough players to comply with what was agreed at the AGM.

However yet again we have a player who has played in the league for a number of years looking to join a team who may be short of players ???????

Ian

This last week we had 3 teams playing with 5 players and 1 team playing with 4 players.

Basically the same teams every week when it appears that there is no need?

Ian

• Fri 16/12/22 15:08
  • Mike Speirs
  • Speirsmike@hotmail.com
  • Play Snooker
  • Hi there I was wondering if you know of a snooker team looking for a new member please .. I live just south of Stonehaven but I’m prepared to travel. Thank you

Hi guys I received another message today from someone who is a student in Aberdeen and is also looking to join one of the teams. Hope you agree that any new player to our league is a good thing and that some of the teams who regularly play many of their games with only 4 or 5 can give him a chance to play. Let me know and I will pass his details on.

Thanks

Ian

Could not agree more Ian. We need new players. Can I ask all teams who regularly play with 3,4 and 5 players to comment so we can get this guy sorted. Cmon captains please respond.

thanks

Derek

Any takers please…..

Hi Dek

Until the rules are changed to no teams can play a player twice

Teams will not search out for new players as this thread has shown for some time now

There is some teams that are useing this rules to benefit themselves in cup matches and league matches unfortunately

This will be a point for discussion at next AGM Paul. We are all but over covid now and need teams to be fielding a full team or minimum of 5 imo. As I say we will discuss and agree a solution. I’m not convinced teams would use to their advantage…..well I hope not, but we need to find a way of fielding full teams. When a young player asks for a team then those teams who regularly have multiple players unavailable need to step up…..We also need new blood to keep the game alive up here….. I am asking all captains to respond please. As for Culter 2 we have enough players 99%.

I have to agree with this,having a quick look at the registered players,all teams have between 8-13 players signed,apart from Portland who have 7,barring offshore workers and shift workers there should be no reason for teams turning up with 3-4 players,or like Paul says is there certain people abusing the system🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️.

Page 1 of 3Next