Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Interclubs 2022/23

PreviousPage 2 of 6Next

D. Goodfellow Snr 1 - 3 Derry Simpson

R gardiner scr v M humphrey w/o

K MacPherson 3-0 S Clark

So let me get this right ??? the top 8 seeds play away from home ? But they are in the draw with Home advantage ??? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ I remember When they used to do this back years ago when the leagues were well organised and not a laughing stock 🙈🙈🙈 they used to clearly state on the draw the seed away from home to save any confusion, I think anyone removing posts is disgusting !!! John you have no right to remove posts you are an administrator? Not God ? Can you justify removing posts ? Not just these but since you have been part of the committee ??? I know it would be quite hard as you would actually have to rewrite the draw and not copy and paste 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ Stuart and Stevie no such thing as free speech these days I wonder how long until this post is removed ??? Instead of removing my post how about growing a pair and explaining yourself

First of all I don't need to explain myself especially not to you Mark.Secondly I removed the posts on this matter as its trivial it states clearly that the 8 seeds will play away from home.The way I put it on perhaps not the way you like it or the right way round doubt it makes much difference its only for this round anyway.There is a lot more problems going on in the country/World without having pages full of debates about this from certain people.Perhaps a reality check is needed. Also Mark during your golden time on the committee I seem to remember a trophy going missing just shows we all make mistakes but we get better from it. Yours in sport John.

John,

Rightly or wrongly Mark has had a rant about posts that you removed. To Steve and Stuart the question/query was valid to them and should of been treated that way and simply answered.

I believe that your point of "I need to explain myself" doesn't hold up as you are on the committee and it's part of your role to communicate properly and professionally and not throw in snide remarks in regards to something that happened in the past and definitely should not be posted on the website as it's quite embarrassing not just for Mark but surely for yourself and as a committee member you should have higher standards for yourself.

The fact you have stated "it might not of been the right way round" shows you realise it could of been communicated better and am sure you will communicate better going forward.

Over the years I've had posts removed but always had engagement with the relevant people in regards to the issue and that is the key but I still believe that posts should not be deleted because when they do it opens up the door for gossip and conspiracy theories on why our posts are deleted and not answered. Unless there is a valid reason or inflammatory towards Aberdeen snooker.

Gav

Guys,

seems to be lots of negativity and bemoaning about small somewhat insignificant things.

Yes we decided to have a free week during October holidays, yes the seeds were shown on the left instead of the right, even though it did state seeds play away from home. Let’s stop getting worked up about non issues please.

Free speech is fine if done in a respectful way.

If the majority think the committee are a laughing stock and useless then believe me we would all be happy to step aside if you have replacements willing to give up their time for Aberdeen Snooker…..?

We are all trying our best and no one is perfect…..

Thanks

Derek

Robbo, greenbaize and Thommo6 have reacted to this post.
RobbogreenbaizeThommo6

Well Said Derek

I think all need to realise that this is a voluntary position Nobody is perfect and as long as people acknowledge and more importantly learn from their mistakes then let's give them a chance. If the committee need additional help then lets hear from them on the forum and see who volunteers. the decline in venues and new snooker players put our league in enough of a threat to the game in Aberdeen without being sabotaged from within.

Maybe a mid season meeting with the committee and the team captains is in order to clear the air a bit and see what the teams thoughts are of this seasons changes .

Monsoon111 has reacted to this post.
Monsoon111

R Grant 1 - R Crighton 3

M. Humphrey 1 - 3  R. Taticek

PreviousPage 2 of 6Next