Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Interclubs 2022/23

PreviousPage 6 of 6

Good luck guys tomorrow👍

Hopefully a few lads will come out to support 🙏

Results tonight:

Davis 4-1 Main

McCann 4-0 Morrison.

Final tomorrow 7pm

Hope we can get a good crowd….

Final result:

Marc Davis 3-5 John McCann

A very close affair throughout. Marc started quickly with a 72 break, this was quickly followed by John compiling a 45 and 46 in the second frame. The next was a black fight with John potting a good black only to hit 2 cushions and go in off. John won the next with a great 75 break. The remaining frames were all very close.

Well done to John who equalled Derek Hearns record of 7 Inter Clubs championship wins.

Thanks to Euan Laing again for reffing a semi and the final who is proving to be very professional.

A big thanks to Culter for the use of the club, the food and staying open later than closing time.

Derek

Hi just a quick message to say how thrilled and proud to have won this comp for the 7th time to equal Derek Hearns record.Always hard to win any comp so to win 7 of the same one I  couldnt have imagined it.Especially since its exactly 20 years since I beat the late Kevin Pirie to win my first.Showing my age!.ha. Unlucky this time to my final opponent Marc Davis. Think we played a good match that could've went either way. Thank you to the people who came to watch its much  appreciated.Also big thanks to Stuart Leece and Ewen Laing for doing the refereeing as Derek said very professional well done guys.Big thanks to Allison and Culter club for having us and for  the half time food. John.

Thommo6 and DVS147 have reacted to this post.
Thommo6DVS147

Well done John. The better player won without a doubt. Never easy to win like you say with many good players in Aberdeen. Your all round game was miles above mine. Hey it's your turn to carry the 'ruining Aberdeen Snooker by winning' tag for a while 🤦🤣🤣 haha, I needed a break(quite literally).

Also echo the above, thanks to Stuart and Ewan for refereeing duties, those who did attend to watch and to Allison/Culter for a tray of sandwiches each!

Marc

greenbaize has reacted to this post.
greenbaize
PreviousPage 6 of 6