Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

North of Scotland 2024

PreviousPage 3 of 3

Monday 29th 7pm

Quarter Finals

M Davis 4-0 D Hudson Break 110.

A Gerrie 4-2 S Garden

Tuesday 30th 7pm

J McCann 4-1D Thomson

R Taticek 3-4 A Johnston

Semi Finals Thursday 2nd May 7pm.

Best of 7 Frames

M Davis 4-0 A Gerrie

J McCann 4-0 A Johnston

Referees Ewen Laing and Sandy Masson.

Final Best of 9 frames 7pm.

M Davis 5-4 J McCann

Referee Ewen Laing.

Well done guys reaching the final,but i do think it’s worth mentioning a tremendous 133 clearance from Marc(superb standard) along with a 64 and 73 as well.

Well done Marc on winning title good performance and achievement.Enjoyed the match.I think we put on a good show bit of everything.Good week for me even if I felt sharpness wasn't quite there which was maybe the telling factor.I tried my best cant do more than that.Big thanks to the people that came very respectful created a good atmosphere.Also well done to our referee Ewen Laing class job apart from costing me fair few points with miss rule  perhaps a frame thanks bud buy your own coffee.Ha.Thanks to Sandy Masson for preparing the tables and Culter club for the hospitality.John.

DVS147 has reacted to this post.
DVS147

Thanks John. I think the best man lost if I'm honest. To drop that red in down the rail when in deep trouble off the rail, then make that break for 4-4, I was trying to work out if I was playing John McCann or prime Hendry! Glad I managed to hold my nerve on a couple of big clearances. To win 10 is something I'm very proud of as there are cracking players in this city (2x Counties Champions😉😊). John, with all that happened to your family, I think you can be proud of yourself for just competing alone, I know how good a player you are! Was brilliant to see them on their feet again enjoying a drink.

Apologies for me putting my cue in the case and chucking it on the chair at the interval. Having a rough time off the table just now and my temperament is affected by it with my anxiety issues, but yeah, no excuses, terrible attitude, hands up, sorry.....

Thanks to my teammates at the 22 Club for putting up with me, my friends Steve, Oxana, Billy for being there knowing what I'm going through just now, it's massively appreciated. Also Alan for the practice (only person really willing haha) and for cleaning the kicky balls!! Also guys like Paul etc who've helped me since I was a kid, really appreciated 👍 My biggest fan also, my daughter Ava. A HUGE thanks to Rileys also for having somewhere to play.

Lastly, thanks to the Culter Mills Club for staying open later and Sandy for the table prep. Also to the committee for their thankless task efforts. Would've been nice to have seen a crowd in but I do understand, same faces zzzzzzzzz.......

Thanks everyone

greenbaize has reacted to this post.
greenbaize
PreviousPage 3 of 3