Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

North Of Scotland 2023

Page 1 of 6Next

First round best of  7 frames to be played by 27th February home player first.

G Whyte ( cult 1 ) Scr W/O R Gardiner ( cc )

D Thomson  ( nigg 2 ) Scr-W/O G Mcrobb ( nigg 2 )

K Cook ( cult 2 ) 4-1 S Thomson ( hope )

R Crighton (  old 1 ) 4-1 D Simpson ( nigg 2 )

K MacPherson ( old 1 ) 4-3 L Mutch ( nigg 2)

S Biggs ( cult 2) 4-0 D Goodfellow snr ( sports 1 )

R Grant ( old 2 ) Scr- W/O  S Martin (  old 1  )

S Clark (  cult 1 ) 0-4 M Oaten ( old 1 )

S Roberts ( cult 1 ) 4-2 M Humphrey  ( nigg 1 )

K Steel ( nigg 1 ) Scr W/O I Thompson ( hh )

H Brebner ( cc ) 1-4 R Murray ( old 1 )

R Buckley ( port ) 3-4 C Campbell ( cc )

D Hudson ( 22 ) W/O Scr J Baxter ( nigg 1 )

J McNolty ( sports 1) 1-4  A Johnston ( cult 2 )

D Thomson ( hh ) 2-4 A MacLeod ( unattached )

P Farnan  ( cc ) Scr W/O  S Leese ( cult 1 )

M Reid ( cult 2) 4-3 A Pedelty ( 22 )

S Patterson ( port ) 4-1 K Jamieson ( 22 )

D Goodfellow jnr ( sports1 ) W/O-Scr  R Hay ( cc )

G Smart ( old 1) W/O-Scr G Groves ( port )

G Smith ( unattached ) 4-2 S Hunter ( cult 2 )

S Masson ( cult 1) W/O- Scr J Stevely ( sports 2 )

C Smart ( cc ) 0-4  E Laing ( cult  1 )

B Robson (Sports1) 4-0  J Robertson(Port)

Second round best of 7 Frames. Seeds away from home to be played by 20th March.

M Davis ( 22 ) 4-0 R Gardiner (Cc)

G McRobb ( nigg 2 ) 2-4 K Cook ( cult 1)

S Garden ( nigg 2 ) 4-2 R Crighton ( old 1)

K MacPherson ( old 1 ) 4-3  S Biggs ( cult 2 )

D Morrison ( cult 2 ) 3-4 S Martin ( old 1 )

M Oaten ( old 1 ) 4-0 S Roberts ( cults 1 )

P Hardy ( old 1 ) 4-0  I Thompson ( hh )

R Murray ( old 1 ) 4-0 C Campbell ( cc )

J McCann ( cult 1 ) W/O-Scr  D Hudson (22)

A Johnston ( cult 2 ) 2-4 A McLeod  ( unattached )

R Taticek ( cult 2 ) 4-2 S Leese ( cult 1 )

M Reid ( cult 2 ) 2-4  S Patterson ( port )

A Main ( old 1 ) 4-2  D Goodfellow jnr ( sports 1 )

G Smart ( old 1 ) 4-0  G Smith ( unattached )

A Gerrie ( sports 1 ) 4-1 S Masson ( cult 1  )

Ewen Laing ( cult 1 ) 2-4  B Robson(Sports1)

Good Luck Guys

John

I get where your coming from John, and yes it’s not an easy task,but it’s not just a few mistakes it’s every comp,committee need to sit down and listen to what the players want on Thursday or people will walk away,again another free week this week for doubles that never was cos the draw was late🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️,the last committee offered help when u took over but it was turned down,cmon guys get it sorted.

Guys,

Getting overly critical. Let’s please remember to be respectful and keep language clean. This is a public website and some  comments are frankly over the top and embarrassing to say the least.

I removed your post for the above reason Mark.

Derek

Derek & John,

Here is a suggestion for going forward....

Clearly there is ongoing issues with the planning and organising of Aberdeen snooker in general, so why doesn't either of you actually pick up the phone and speak to mark and find a resolution instead of a deleting posts and sweeping it under the carpet. Yes mark was personal in his post (rightly or wrongly) but this could of been dealt with by calling him after the 1st time. John your reply isn't any better tbh as you had a cheeky dig back and called him a clown, so maybe that post should been removed as well as you can't be selective in what's left up and what's not Derek.

This is now the 2nd time that there has been a spat on here from both, so the why has it not been sorted out by now.

John nobody can deny that running the comps is not easy but you need a second person to help you and the committee also need extra bodies on it as well.. I could go on and on about it but what good will it do?

These silly little mistakes are niggling everyone and everyone will have a point of view on how to fix this. In the case of the draw for the north I believe the a re-draw is the fairest way and maybe do it at the EGM and get the attendees to each pull a name or number and make it fun by getting everyone involved.

I have offered as of next season to step up on to the committee because I for one care about the future of our wee Tuesday nights out laughter and banter and obviously the snooker. Hopefully more will follow for the good of Aberdeen snooker and se what we can all bring to the table collectively.

The bottom line is over the years we have had some great players bless Aberdeen snooker Mike Thompson, Rene, John, Mark, Ian Wallace, Marc Davis and of course the late great Derek, yet we are now in a position where its history means nothing because of all the fighting will cause Aberdeen snooker to fold and the history of these players will mean nothing unfortunately.

Gav

Stevie and Hardy have reacted to this post.
StevieHardy
Quote from Gmcrobb on February 8, 2023, 10:12 am
Derek & John,
Here is a suggestion for going forward....
Clearly there is ongoing issues with the planning and organising of Aberdeen snooker in general, so why doesn't either of you actually pick up the phone and speak to mark and find a resolution instead of a deleting posts and sweeping it under the carpet. Yes mark was personal in his post (rightly or wrongly) but this could of been dealt with by calling him after the 1st time. John your reply isn't any better tbh as you had a cheeky dig back and called him a clown, so maybe that post should been removed as well as you can't be selective in what's left up and what's not Derek.
This is now the 2nd time that there has been a spat on here from both, so the why has it not been sorted out by now.
John nobody can deny that running the comps is not easy but you need a second person to help you and the committee also need extra bodies on it as well.. I could go on and on about it but what good will it do?
These silly little mistakes are niggling everyone and everyone will have a point of view on how to fix this. In the case of the draw for the north I believe the a re-draw is the fairest way and maybe do it at the EGM and get the attendees to each pull a name or number and make it fun by getting everyone involved.
I have offered as of next season to step up on to the committee because I for one care about the future of our wee Tuesday nights out laughter and banter and obviously the snooker. Hopefully more will follow for the good of Aberdeen snooker and se what we can all bring to the table collectively.
The bottom line is over the years we have had some great players bless Aberdeen snooker Mike Thompson, Rene, John, Mark, Ian Wallace, Marc Davis and of course the late great Derek, yet we are now in a position where its history means nothing because of all the fighting will cause Aberdeen snooker to fold and the history of these players will mean nothing unfortunately.
Gav
3 times my latest post has been removed I don't know where they find time to do this 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Gav,

Marks post was deleted due to the language used and the fact we are trying to encourage new players to the league.

One name was missed from the NOS draw but also there was a bye needed. There was no need for a redraw as both players were happy to play.

Small niggling mistakes can happen and we learn and try to improve.

I also care about the league and the comps as does the committee hence the reason we give up our free time to try our best to organise.

Polite constructive criticism is welcomed so we can look to improve. Unfortunately this is seldom the case. We have an Aberdeen Facebook account that is seldom used for fear that the abusive, over critical venom is not plastered all over Facebook which would be even more embarrassing for Aberdeen Snooker.

Thursday is for discussing the way forward for Handicaps and player shortages, the next AGM is for everything else related to leagues and comps.

The existing committee are happy for others to take over the reigns if a group of you wish to take over.

It’s a game of snooker on a Tuesday night as you say afterall and should be fun.

Derek

Derek,

I fully understand but the problem will keep persisting if it's not dealt with. There is clearly an issue between them and it needs addressed and as chairman I would like to think you want it resolved too.

So why not make the call and address Mark's concerns and put them to John and work on a resolution or sit down with them both and hear them out as this cannot keep going on.

Yes Mark's language is colourful to say the least but he's getting lip service back from John which is winding him up more and he'll keep posting and you'll keep deleting and going round in circles.

As for the NOS just because there was a bye doesn't make it correct that the missing player should be pair up as that makes a mockery of the draw regardless of both players willing to play each other.

Am sure somewhere in the rules it would state a re-draw anyway. What is the big deal with doing the draw again?

Surely you can see your leaving the committee open to scrutiny by not doing it again and for people to start talking and raising conspiracies of why it hasn't been re-drawn.

The bottom line is that all these little mistakes are adding up and putting John under pressure as he is not managing on his own and by you defending these mistakes or putting your hands up and apologising for them isn't helping John in anyway and isn't fair on you or John.

The best thing to happen here is the noth gets re-drawn on Thursday at the EGM (not difficult) all matches are best of 7 and the final gets played on a Sunday over 2 sessions. First 4 frames starting at 2 then 2nd session starting at 7pm.

We then draw a line under this season, lessons learned and we move on and start rebuilding Aberdeen snooker.

Gav

Gav,

Not my job to mediate on everyone who may have a gripe with each other.

Will consider the redraw idea.

As for changing days and dates for  final, not a chance….. just asking for a barrage of people who can’t make a Sunday etc.

Lets just discuss on Thursday rather than messaging on here.

Derek

Gavin just like to add I'm certainly not under pressure from snooker.Im just to busy to answer on here every 5 mins. Fortunately I have like we all have a life away from snooker. There is no grudges towards Mark or anyone else but I will not be sitting down like school children with the headmaster.

R.Grant SCR V W/O S.Martin

Page 1 of 6Next