Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumALCBSA: Inter-Clubs SinglesInterclubs redraw
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Interclubs redraw

PreviousPage 5 of 5

***Urgent message***

Hi guys.

To everyone who was at the Interclubs Final last night, please go and take a Lateral Flow Test. I have taken all precautions this week, testing daily. My boss at work can vouch for me on this one. I tested before the final and again after at 1.50am for work the next day as obviously I'd been around lots of people. I again tested this morning and have tested positive despite having zero symptoms. I have supplied the images and times to show. I'm gutted for everyone as this is affecting everyone's lives, all for a game of snooker!

I can only but apologise to you all, and hope that everyone is ok. I seriously don't care about being 'ill' or risking my life personally however I care about other people, and their families. So please make sure you are all ok, and again I'm very sorry this has happened.

Marc

Tests and times shown

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot_20220114_095920_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Test after final in early hours.

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot_20220114_094811_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Quick summary of the final:

Final Result:  Marc Davis 5 - 3  John McCann

Marc started strongly winning the first 2 frames in quick succession with breaks of 48,37 and 43.  This was followed by a scrappy frame where John showed his match play qualities to win.  The next went to the black and Marc after considering all options doubled the black into the green pocket. Score 3-1 at the break.

After the break again John showed his battling qualities to win the first two frames which were very tactical. Score 3-3.

Thereafter Marc went into a new gear and won the last two frames in quick succession to win the title.

Frame Scores:

Frame 1:  82 - 32 Marc, Frame 2:  69 - 19 Marc, Frame 3:  66 - 22  John

Frame 4:  64 - 60 Marc, Frame 5:  68 - 13 John, Frame 6:  42 - 20 John

Frame 7:  75 - 0 Marc, Frame 8:  77 - 12 Marc

Thanks to Sandy Masson for preparing the tables daily, the Culter Club for hosting the event all week and Paul Hardy for reffing the final.

Well done to all who made the final stages and in particulat Derek Hudson and Dave Goodfellow Jnr for making it to the semis.

Derek

Should have said well done to Mark Oaten for highest break 109 and Marc for five centuries…. Unbelievable record breaking week, just shows the standard of Aberdeen snooker.

PreviousPage 5 of 5