Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumALCBSA: LeagueAGM Proposals
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

AGM Proposals

Page 1 of 2Next

After a bit of thought I'd like to propose the following for next season as we have a few issues to address at the next AGM.

1) North Of Scotland. For me the North is our most prestigious event so we need to make it more attractive. I propose free entry to all players in the league. All 1st and 2nd round losers to drop into the North Of Scotland plate event, with the final at Culter with a referee and full dress code ..... a chance for others to feel part of something big. If prize pots are still going to be a thing, we can look at ways to fund the event. Perhaps the only event with a prize fund, an event sponsor onboard perhaps? Many options.

2) Culter is a great club and ideal set up for our finals. In my opinion, the 22Club and Nigg Bay have great conditions. I think we could have The Derek Hearns Memorial and the Aberdeen Singles at other locations, perhaps Semis and Final only. I know the 22Club are keen. How about approach Aberdeen Cricket Club and ask them if they would like to host an event (new people involved can only be good), and it keeps everything fresh as familiarity creates boredom. Also myself and John could perhaps donate (-28) with Paul Hardy and Barry Smith off (-14) as I think us 4 are the usual suspects for winning events when we enter. It means we need to play well to win and it gives others more chances of success. I'd say apply this for the Aberdeen Singles and Derek Hearns events. If not this, I'm happy to sit out these events if it would help raise the entries.

3) For me, Oldmachar 1 are the best team in Aberdeen. I think something is wrong if they can't at least challenge for the league. So I suggest some of the following could help.

(A) Player categorisation. All players discussed by a select few players, and given a handicap category to suit. If players feel they are better than the category given, we automatically apply them to the category they feel they should be. At the start of a game players say, I'm an (A), I'm a (D) ok, I donate x,y,z.

(B) Leave handicap system as it is. Play 1st half of the season with handicap system, 2nd half normal.

(C) 1st frame handicap, 2nd frame off scratch. Single table clubs draw 3 numbers out 1-6 after team is listed and those 3 frames are the handicapped ones.

(D) The home team gets to see the away team on the sheet and the captain can pick his side as he wishes. (Using current handicap system)

These are my proposals. It's only suggestions to put in the mix. I'm sure others have some great ideas and would be great to read them on here. Discussing prior to the AGM on this thread would be good and positive. đź‘Ť

Marc Davis (22Club)

Couple of good points made there Marc,especially the first half played off handicaps and second off scratch,think Ross mentioned this earlier on in the season,think the rankings could be looked at as well,there’s a couple of players in top 16 that haven’t played a league game or entered a comp all season,if that’s the case where is Barry Smith????? just my thoughts and only my opinion.

Cheers.

Stevie,

Barry was removed as not active players. You are correct that others are in same position and we will review. We have only just added all active players on the list and it is work in progress. Clearly if these players return they will be placed back on list according to handicap… good spot thanks

Good to see some points for the AGM keep them coming. Personally I see no point in having handicaps if we only use for half the season but that’s only my opinion…. Will wait and see what majority think. I know some have asked about comps. I can confirm the plan will be to publish dates for all comps in advance for next season. Clearly this was different last season with returning from lockdown etc…

Lots of good ideas there for discussion and communication is always a good thing. here a few of my thoughts.

• competition by handicap 3 separate comps e.g all minus players in one +1 to +20 in another etc and then everything else above, if numbers don't support that maybe just 2 sections. Does not need to be an additional competition can maybe be used in conjunction with one of the existing comps, As Mark stated above it's the usual suspects in every final (which is well deserved and by merit)
  • return of the highest break by handicap gives each individual something to aim for at the end of the season.
  • review the maximum handicap (personally think it should come down)
  • consider holding a 1 or 2 day event Knock out comp, Im sure some of the clubs could use the cash to have 20 players spend a couple of afternoons having a few beers, maybe something similar to the shoot out.

good to see all positive thoughts coming in and looking forward to the AGM.

Derry (Dee Swim 2)

AGM set for 7:30 on Thursday 18th August at Sportsman’s club. Hope all captains can manage. All players also welcome. Agenda to follow..

Dee Swim 2 are now Nigg Bay 2

Proposal from me is that we either have one fee at the start for a variety of competitions in one application per team  for all tournaments where players can enjoy a discount for entering a number at one time OR something very radical no fees and no prize money.

This is because keeping track of all the payments has become a nightmare.

during matches the players from each team play by best matching handicap to help keep everything balanced rather than the blind choice currently used.

Given the number of entries we have for the various competitions I would support the idea of no entry fees and no prize money.

Page 1 of 2Next