Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumALCBSA: LeagueAberdeen Snooker Shootout
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Aberdeen Snooker Shootout

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next

I think the finer detail is clear other than a second venue Raymond. If we have enough players for a second venue then potentially we can do open draw at each venue down to eight then finish at Culter on the Sunday. It’s a new event and just something different and a bit of fun. Let’s see who is available to play. We might manage at one venue or who knows might not bother if only a handful interested. Get your names in lads….. As Stevie says might just run it in town if Sportsman’s available. We can discuss further at EGM.

Quote from AlecMain on February 1, 2023, 10:59 am

Another idea to ponder - rather than a shot clock could do a frame clock so no frame exceeds 25 mins and that way you should be able to maintain a schedule ( 2 matches an hour with 5 mins between frames to set up balls change over players etc..) should make for a bit more aggression from the player behind when time starts running out?

Alex, I get where your coming from and makes sense if was not a handicap comp and I feel with the more than one snooker rule, plus the ball in hand etc frames will be pretty quick….time will tell 😂

Spoiler
Nice see fresh ideas

Weekend are not for me as I work

Good luck to all 👍

Quote from AlecMain on February 1, 2023, 10:59 am

Another idea to ponder - rather than a shot clock could do a frame clock so no frame exceeds 25 mins and that way you should be able to maintain a schedule ( 2 matches an hour with 5 mins between frames to set up balls change over players etc..) should make for a bit more aggression from the player behind when time starts running out?

This is the app we have used for our snooker shootouts.  I didn’t actually have it on my phone as it’s an android app but from memory I think you can adjust the shot clock and frame clock.  Might be worth looking into if you do end up looking at a frame clock… 👍

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fi.alttobelloapps.snookershootout&hl=en_GB&gl=US

Adam,

Thanks for that info. We may consider a shot clock in future years. On this occasion we will just play as normal as maybe difficult to manage at each venue. We will see how it goes this year and maybe alter things for future.

count me in.

sounds like a great idea, good to see the committee looking at new ideas to generate interest, I wonder if this would be worth posting on any of the pool forums, with it being just one frame there might be a bit of interest and generate a bigger and more competitive pool for the comp. Might also spark a bit of interest with them and look to join the league.

Derry

Derry,

Thanks. I’ll give that a try…

All,

Based on feedback it is Mothers Day on Sunday 19th March and many players have plans, therefore I am changing the proposed dates to 25th/26th March. We still intend to use two venues if numbers dictate. Again please register your availability…… Thanks.

Derek

I will give this hopefully new comp a try. A bit of fun with a bit of incentive with a few ranking points at stake.Also enter the speed demon Ewen Laing.😂

put me in for it should be a laugh !!! at my snooker

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next