Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

2018 Scottish County Championships

Page 1 of 4Next
  • This year's Scottish County Championships will take place over the weekend of the 27th/28th October at The Q Club, Glasgow. This is now later than past years when it was held in the summer. Previously, this event has been played in one day, but due to a format change it will now cover 2 days.

The size of each team used to comprise 12 players, but this has now changed to teams of 10. This was to help the smaller leagues compete against leagues with a greater amount of players to select from. The upshot of this is that leagues can now select an 'A' and a 'B' team. If the interest is there and we can raise 20 players for 2 teams, then this is a chance to get more players in the league involved.

The only qualifying criteria for inclusion is that you have played in 50% of your teams league matches. This is a long standing competition rule, not mine. Having played in all of these events, be assured that there are more than enough players in this league good enough to play in this. The competition format is 10 single frame matches, each player playing a frame. At least a one night (or 2 if so desired) overnight stay will be involved, but Glasgow isn't the worst city in the world to be stuck in for a night out!

Entries for the competition close at the end of April so if any players would like to be considered to take part, post your interest on this thread or message me direct by no later than Friday 27th April.

Post any questions/queries on here also.

Many thanks

Kenny MacPherson

Confirmed Interest:

Kenny MacPherson

Jamie Mcnolty

Barry Smith

Marc Davis

Raymond Murray

Andy Gerrie

Mark Oaten

Gavin McRobb

Dave Thomson

Scott McHardy

Stevie Martin

Darren Walker

Alan Pedelty

Moray Milligan

Stephen Thomson

Ross Crighton

Derek Morrison

Fraser Allan

Davie Goodfellow Jnr

Derek Hudson

Alec Main

Paul Hardy

Lets win it this time - count me in.

Am in Kenny.

Dave Thomson interested

looking at my rota 2/3 aye would play 18 games over a season still looking into this at the moment as I don't miss a game when home

Would I still qualify ?

As long as you play 16, you are fine Dave. I'e added you to the list mate.

Kenny

Iā€™m Interested

I'm interested that's if I'm good enough šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

You can add my name for the B team pool of players if we are going to get enough interest

Thanks to everyone who has shown interest so far. 16 so far and I know a couple more who are still to get in touch. Once we get over 20, I'll try and get captains for each team sorted and squads selected.

List updated on the first post.

Thanks

Kenny

Kenny, I am interested but not sure if I qualify. I have played every Tuesday Iā€™m home on 3/3 rota. I am home for the event in October.

Derek

Page 1 of 4Next