Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Table conditions for 2023 season

thought I might start a new topic on table condition as this seems to pop up on various other topics as a side issue.

so team captains or players please add to this list

• When was your table last recovered
  • Do you brush and iron your table prior to matches, also is this the only day it is done or do other members of the club do this on a regular basis
  • Be honest and rate your table out of ten

Nigg Bay 2

• Table recovered August 2022
  • Tables are cleaned and ironed prior to matches by both teams,  there is a brush available for all members to clean the table before or after playing games.  Tables are cleaned and ironed weekly whether there is matches or not by games convenor
  • In my biased opinion I score the table 8/10.  It runs true even at a slow to medium pace and pockets are not to brutal for an amateur standard.
  • teams use 1G tournament balls

I guess we are all biased towards our own tables but if anyone disagrees with the above please let us know.

Nigg 2

My Riley Aristocrat is class table.Recloth last year but got divits trying my alec higgins screw shots

Would be better if had steel cushions but work in progress

Ironed all the time.

Humidity is an issue with being a shed

8/10

Best table in the league is Hopeville far side one. It's a steel block, Riley match table! With a Number 10 Strachan cloth, good lighting and a table heater, that table would be unreal! Truth is, there isn't any GREAT tables in Aberdeen just good standard club conditions really, some better than others.

I see people brush then iron cloths. DON'T do this, it ruins your cloth. You spread fabric in different directions, then iron it flat which creates what looks like rolls on the table. Either brush, block and iron or block and iron, but DON'T brush and iron, wrecks the cloth. All clubs need a block, most important of the 3!

Tables should be cleaned before league and singles matches, really should be a given. George Mitchell pushed this years ago and he was bang on right. Who looks forward to going to a venue to play on awful, heavy conditions. You hear people say they are struggling with their game. Perhaps get the conditions as good as you can and that will help you along and raise the general standard. When I first started, tables were done for all matches by players.....this hasn't been the case over the last few years.

10/10 is what Glasgow/Edinburgh boys have luxury of below👇

Good standard club tables is surely good enough for 95% of the players in Aberdeen, we don't have the luxury of Snooker specific clubs like the one above When you consider that all the tables in Aberdeen are in social clubs so therefore available for all members to use. Well done to the snooker teams for trying to keep them playable for league games I do agree that some put more effort into it than others and Mark brings up a good point regarding the cleaning of the tables e.g don't brush and Iron something I have never heard of but seen most clubs do before a match (including myself) so a lesson learned there.

how do you rate the 22 table Mark? as it always looks well kept.

Yeah the 22 club table isn't too bad but that's because the lads pay themselves for a good quality cloth. Also the room stays heated so that helps keep moisture out the cloth. One thing I can say is it's the most level table I've ever seen, it's actually scary how true it runs! The cushions and pocket cuts aren't good but to fix this right we are looking at £1500-£2000.

Billy the manager at Rileys in currently trying to get 2 match tables, and they are looking at Star tables. Hopefully they manage to get something sorted on that front as it would be great for the city and players alike. Dundee have incredible facilities and I think it's about time Aberdeen do too.

was there a rumour going about they wanted to open a club in Aberdeen?