Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumALCBSA: LeagueScottish Counties 2024
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Scottish Counties 2024

Page 1 of 2Next

We have dates for the 2024 tournament in Glasgow.  They are 28th/29th September. Once again we hope to enter two teams selected from the rankings list. The top 8 ranked players at the end of the season will be invited to represent Aberdeen as Team A and the next 8 ranked players will be offered the opportunity to represent Aberdeen as Aberdeen B.

Places for the the top 8 are very close and handicaps and comp results could make all the difference.

Once again there will be a singles competition played on the Friday 27th September (32) with those losing being entered in the plate comp.

Entry for the singles event is £15 per head with 1 place available for every 5 players entered.

You do not need to be part of the two teams to enter the singles event as long as you are available and willing to travel to Glasgow if you qualify.

The singles will be played alongside the team event with the final held after the team final.

We would like to hold the qualifiers before the end of the season this year in the hopes that as many players from both teams can enter plus any other players who fancy competing.

Each league will will consist of 4 or 5 players with one qualifying spot available for each league, each player will play everyone in their respective league over 4 frames. There are prizes for highest break also. Each league will hopefully be played over a weekend at different venues depending on entries.

Players interested should add there names to this post asap.

Derek

count me in Derek.

Monsoon111 has reacted to this post.
Monsoon111

I’ll be entering. Cut off date is 7th April guys. Need to know asap who is interested so we can complete entry forms etc by end of March. If we get 8 entries we should get 2 spots but the more the better….

Stick me down please

Ok guys last call for entry to Scottish counties singles event held in Glasgow at end of September. It’s £15 entry and you get to have a weekend away with the counties teams. We need 5 or more entries to get a slot and 7 or 8 for two spots.. Closing date for entering on this forum is 5th April. Thanks

Derek

Can put my name down. Thanks.

Simon

I'll play

Sorry had 2nd thoughts

Going give it a miss

Good luck to all

Please enter me Derek thanks.

Ok we have:

Derek Morrison, Chris Smart, Derry Simpson, Ewen Laing, Mike Reid, Simon Roberts and Marc Davis confirmed. We have a further two considering.

Last call for any others who fancy continuing some Tuesday night snooker in a league format. We can also be very flexible re matches.

Any further takers?

steveclark147 has reacted to this post.
steveclark147

Steve Biggs added also now

Page 1 of 2Next