Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumALCBSA: LeagueLeague Fixtures
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

League Fixtures

Can I ask why there is a free week next week?? There is no competition final on and to be honest seems very strange to have it only 6 games in when you could put it at the back end of the season or have the winter break extended by this missing week??

Gav

I asked the same thing yesterday Gav. Apparently a lot of people are away next week for October holidays and this is a new thing been introduced?

Gmcrobb has reacted to this post.
Gmcrobb

I'll be frank this is a load of garbage tbh. This has never been in place the 20+ years I've played in the league and infact should not be there now, especially with the rules around players being able to play twice. I'm starting to wonder if the league is run by the SFA with this kind of ludicrous decisions. Are we also splitting the league with 5 games to go to fight for European places and relegation 🤣🤦

Thommo6 has reacted to this post.
Thommo6

Sorry Gav I never added my name it was Ian not Mike that replied to your post. Totally agree anyway and not sure which team or teams requested this because as you say it has never happened before?

Guys,

whether you think it’s garbage or ludicrous it was introduced to hopefully help those teams already short of players being further affected by players away during School hols. Did not realise this would be such a big deal tbh.

Done for good reason whether it’s popular or not.

Quote from Gmcrobb on October 13, 2022, 8:18 am

I'll be frank this is a load of garbage tbh. This has never been in place the 20+ years I've played in the league and infact should not be there now, especially with the rules around players being able to play twice. I'm starting to wonder if the league is run by the SFA with this kind of ludicrous decisions. Are we also splitting the league with 5 games to go to fight for European places and relegation 🤣🤦

I see Country Club cannot catch up on fixture with Country club Gav as only have 3 players due to people on holiday…. How ludicrous and garbage is that…. 😂😂

Thanks for the reply Derek much appreciated but with 26 weeks of games that would be more than enough for CC to catch up or even give them and extra week at the end of the season.

I'd also highlight that with 3 competitions all running at the same time and now the team cup being drawn this week seems a bit ott. We are now left with a situation where not only are we playing our league games but also a singles match every week if you successfully get to the later stages and in to this the team cup and it gets too much.

Surely planning around this should of and could of been better?

I also have to ask why our maiden competition (North of Scotland) is not the last final to be played??

At this rate we'll need VAR to understand all these decisions.....

Gav

Short season and many comps Gav…. We as volunteers try our best mate. We tried to provide dates for all comps due to the £10 offer. We also were not sure how many would enter etc etc. Not easy, If you want to help us next season that would be great.  As they say you cannot please everyone. For info the NOS goes to last 16 at venue which meant finished earlier.

greenbaize has reacted to this post.
greenbaize

There you go Gav, Challenge is there for you to get involved and try to assist in what I'm sure is a difficult task to try and keep everyone happy, Im sure your years in the league can bring  some good points across specifically from the non county players perspective.

And it only took 3 weeks to get an answer lol