Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumALCBSA: LeagueInterclubs 2021Entries
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Interclubs 2021Entries

Hi snooker stars Taking entries now for this year’s competition.The event format will be slightly different this year as we will be using 4 different clubs as venues from last 32 stage.last 16 onwards be down to 2 clubs.Hope this new idea might make the comp more appealing.Simply write your name on here or contact me personally.The entry fee is £5 and method of payment is bank transfer which has to be paid before the first round draw (17 October).

Bank details Account Name ALCBSA

Barclays sort code 20-00-77

Account Number 63515591

John, add me. I have paid. Thanks

Will do.Good stuff Mr chairman.

1. Hi snooker stars Taking entries now for this year’s competition.The event format will be slightly different this year as we will be using 4 different clubs as venues from last 32 stage.last 16 onwards be down to 2 clubs.Hope this new idea might make the comp more appealing.Simply write your name on here or contact me personally.The entry fee is £5 and method of payment is bank transfer which has to be paid before the first round draw (17 October).

Reference to the above post - can someone enlighten me further as to what days the matches will be played, times of play and where please. I have overheard various chats so looking for some clarification.

Cheers

Quote from greenbaize on October 7, 2021, 1:42 am

Hi snooker stars Taking entries now for this year’s competition.The event format will be slightly different this year as we will be using 4 different clubs as venues from last 32 stage.last 16 onwards be down to 2 clubs.Hope this new idea might make the comp more appealing.Simply write your name on here or contact me personally.The entry fee is £5 and method of payment is bank transfer which has to be paid before the first round draw (17 October).

John,

Have you checked whether this new format of yours clashes with any Scottish Tour events, like I've said previously the Aberdeen league commitee should be supporting Myself, Marc Davis and Andy Gerrie who are travelling down to the Central belt to compete and improve our standard not stopping us entering because of the dates proposed ??? so I don't think this is the way forward what's happened to the Sunday to Thursday format ??? I for 1 can't manage to play every weekend 🙈🙈🙈 I'm sure there are others who will think this is unsuitable dates for most players who have family and work commitments 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ It will be interesting if anyone else has opinions on this ? C'mon guys? need your input 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Yours In Sport

Mark.O

I think with regards to Scottish Tour events which are always on Sunday's, clashes with these events are inevitable (as it's a local competition) with the way the tournaments are to be run, or looking like being run going forward in Aberdeen. Clashes can't be helped with some of our players now playing in Moray too etc.

I do however, see potential issues with the format going forward..... We have the Derek Hearns Memorial, Interclubs, North of Scotland, Handicap singles, Aberdeen Singles, Bob Benson Doubles and hopefully also Billiards will remain. Taking all these events into account, at 4 weeks (All Sunday's), that's potentially 24 weeks of Sunday's in a year, bearing in mind the season doesn't last 12 months, here is where I see problems unfortunately. Lots of people spend time with family and kids on a Sunday, some work, maybe 2/4 etc. The offshore workers will literally be pushed out, people who travel in to play will need to make multiple trips and yes clashes with other events are inevitable. If events get more than 32, prelim dates will also need added to this calendar. Also, forgetting Covid issues, the tournaments get a little crowd for Finals, I think genuinely as they are on Tuesday nights (snooker night for many), but will people show face to thank the club's support of hosting us if they have family plans etc?

I appreciate, no calendar will ever suit all, however I think the current structure was as good as we will ever get it. It wasn't so time consuming and dates were listed well in advance, for some to rota work/life/family plans accordingly. Maybe I'm wrong, and this will be a roaring success, and I guess time will tell. If it boosts entries, and boosts the local scene then I will say fair play, so hopefully it does. Thankless task this snooker stuff I know. I just thought I'd point out the potential stumbling blocks, however if I'm wrong, HAPPY DAYS. Interested to hear the thoughts of others.

In the words of the great O. Yours in sport😜😂😂

Marc

Marc,

This could be a first but I agree entirely with everything you have said. You have articulated the general concerns of the snooker community very well in your post. I foresee many issues with the rigid structure using only Sundays throughout the year.

Personally, I could accommodate these but it would be at the expense of Sundays with my girls, which I would struggle to justify. I fear the rigid structure may alienate many within an ever decreasing entry volume.

Time will tell, but talking to people over the last few days, I suspect we may see a much smaller entry for the Interclubs should we continue down this path.

Lads, just found out entries have closed for interclubs

There's was no response to my earlier post and couldnt enter til i had the relevant info. Im sure I won't be the only one.

Information and communication is vital in both comps and league to ensure we keep numbers up surely? Just out of interest, what is the total entries for interclubs???

Quote from PDADDY on October 17, 2021, 7:41 pm

Lads, just found out entries have closed for interclubs

There's was no response to my earlier post and couldnt enter til i had the relevant info. Im sure I won't be the only one.

Information and communication is vital in both comps and league to ensure we keep numbers up surely? Just out of interest, what is the total entries for interclubs???

Hi Patrick,

There was no response to any of our posts because it's there way or the highway I for 1 will not be entering any local Competitions if every comp is going to be every free weekend and I know I'm not the only one, This is totally farcical as there is no communication or information regarding the upcoming Competitions just one post from John saying what's gonna happen good luck with that in the future 🙈🙈🙈🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️