Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumALCBSA: LeagueDonald (Dooie) Grant
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Donald (Dooie) Grant

Just wanted to let the snooker community know and take a moment to remember Donald (Dooie) Grant. Dooie passed away on his 93rd Birthday on 23rd November 2023. He was one of our longest serving league players having played in the league for 5 decades from the sixties and played until he was 73. He was a former North of Scotland finalist and Interclubs semi finalist. He was also part of the all conquering United Services Team who won the league nine times. An excellent Snooker player and Billiards player whom I remember well, mainly as he thrashed me regularly at billiards when the leagues used to be one half season snooker and the other half billiards. In addition he won an array of club trophies seen in the picture below. He played for Portland and the RUA also over the years.

RIP Dooie

I know Ritchie and his family were very proud of his achievements which were significant.

RIP Dooie and thoughts go to Ritchie and family.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_5883.jpeg
ReneT, Thommo6 and DVS147 have reacted to this post.
ReneTThommo6DVS147

Sorry to hear this news commiserations to Ritchie and family at this sad time.

Thommo6 and DVS147 have reacted to this post.
Thommo6DVS147

Never knew he played a North final, Ritchie kept that one quiet!! Best wishes to the family.

Thommo6 has reacted to this post.
Thommo6

Sad to hear about Dooie's passing, a great and funny man, he also really encouraged me to stick in at the game in my early twenties, a gentleman who also became friends with my late    father, always taking the time to chat to him.  Thoughts with the family in this sad time.

Thommo6 has reacted to this post.
Thommo6