Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumALCBSA: LeagueComp completion
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Comp completion

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

M. Davis W/O vs M.Oaten SCR

Due to play tomorrow night, however Mark has decided to award me the tie due to lots of work commitments coming up.

Quote from DVS147 on October 12, 2021, 5:08 pm

M. Davis W/O vs M.Oaten SCR

Due to play tomorrow night, however Mark has decided to award me the tie due to lots of work commitments coming up.

Good luck Marc 👍👍👍

Work will always comes before Snooker

That's just the dog eat dog world we live in

Best of luck for the remainder of the Competition m8

Catch up soon

Mark.O 🍻🍻🍻

P. Hardy 1 - 3 A. Main

Alec breaks of 48, 44 & 31

Derek Hearns Memorial

semi finals to be played by 25th October home player first

best of 7 frames

M Davis (22 club ) 4-2 A Main ( old 1 )

J McCann (cult 1 ) 4-0 D Goodfellow jnr ( Sports 1 )

Great match with Davie Jnr which went to the wire 3-2…… best of luck to all in the semis and final.

M. Davis 4 - 2 A. Main

Marc breaks of 76, 58, 48

Alec break of 38

Davis showed his class from 2-1 down with a 76 to level the match and followed it up with a 58 in the next to move ahead. He closed it out with a scrappy final frame. Well done Marc and best of luck in the final. 👍

J McCann 4-0 D Goodfellow

Unlucky Davie well done getting to semi finals

Good start to season for you something to build on.

Big thanks to Davie Snr for reffing.

DEREK HEARNS MEMORIAL.

Sunday 31st October.

Start 7pm.

FINAL Best of 9 Frames.

Marc Davis 1-5 John McCann.

Referee Paul Hardy.

Formal dress.

CULTER MILLS CLUB.

Denise Hearns will also be attending the final to present the trophies that were kindly bought by David Mcallister of Panda Rosa Metals.Hope for a good turnout for the first of hopefully many years of this event.

Congratulations to John in winning the Derek Hearns memorial 👏

Like to also congrat John in organising this new comp in honour of Derek

Derek done so much for Aberdeen Snooker and spent lots time coaching anybody that wanted his help

Was also great to see Denise and Jack Hearns attend

Was difficult reffing when they came in as memory's Derek started flooding into my head

Derek was so special and when he was playing well it was like so sweet how he was hitting the ball , like his tip was like Jam as he used to say too me lol

We miss u Derek

Derek Hearns Memorial

Result:  John McCann 5 - 1 Marc Davis

Frame scores:

Frame 1   58 - 16

Frame 2   27 - 61

Frame 3   58 - 49  (58 break John)

Frame 4   67 - 36

Frame 5   56 - 44

Frame 6   52 - 0

Congratulations to John winning the inaugural Derek Hearns Memorial tournament, match was very good to watch with some great safety play and scoring.  Turning point was the fourth frame with Marc looking  set to square the match at 2-2 holding a 49 point lead only for John to compile a 58 break to win on the pink.

It was great to see Denise and Jack attend to present the impressive trophy kindly donated by Panda Rosa.

Nice words from Paul.  Derek was and is an Aberdeen Legend.  I am glad we now have this event to remember him.

Derek Morrison

Thommo6 has reacted to this post.
Thommo6
PreviousPage 2 of 3Next