Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Bob Benson Handicap Comp 23/24

PreviousPage 7 of 8Next

R Gardiner ( cc ) 3 - 1 D Hudson (22)

R Gardiner 33 Break

greenbaize and Christian have reacted to this post.
greenbaizeChristian

Semi Finals best of 5 frames. Sunday 17th March.

Start

3pm M Davis 3-1 M Logie

7pm R Gardiner v K Cook

Referees Ewen Laing and Alan Pedelty.

Polo shirts dress trousers dress shoes.

To be played at 22 Club. Well done getting this far and good luck. John

Marc Davis 3 Mark Logie 1

Davis 30, 42, 49, 64

Great effort Mark. Battled really well, 2 frames on last pink and black so could have went either way.

Thanks to Ewan Laing for refereeing.

ML70 and greenbaize have reacted to this post.
ML70greenbaize

Thanks for your comment Marc. I thoroughly enjoyed the match. You played well and best of luck in the final. Likewise, thanks Ewan for refereeing, you did a great job 👍

Semi result:

Kenny Cook 3-2 Raymond Gardiner

Every frame going to the colours with Raymond clearing the colours to go 2-1 up then Kenny clearing from green in last when 21 behind to win.
Thanks to Alan Pedalty for refereeing and 22 club for hosting.

Final best of 5 Frames.At 22 Club.

Thursday 21st March Start 7pm.

M Davis v K Cook.

Referee Ewen Laing.

Well done and good luck to both players.

John.

DVS147 has reacted to this post.
DVS147

Final Result:

Marc Davis 3 - 0  Kenny Cook

Marc played very well with breaks of 88,79 and 55.

The 3rd frame came down to a black fight.

Well done to both players for making the final, Marc for winning, Ewan Laing for refereeing and 22 Club for hosting the semi finals and final…

Thommo6 and DVS147 have reacted to this post.
Thommo6DVS147

Congrats Marc an outstanding achievement beating a lot of very decent players giving away big starts. Well done Kenny too for making the final.

DVS147

Well done Marc commiserations to Kenny good run in comp though.Thanks to 22 Club for hosting Semi Finals and Final.Good work also by Ewen Laing and Alan Pedelty for refereeing duties. John.

DVS147

Thanks Ian and John! Yeah certainly one of my best achievements given the starts! Wasn't so bad giving 16 in years gone by when I won it. I enter purely out of respect to the players who you beat in the scratch events, gives them chance of revenge (forgot who beat me last year!!🤣🤣), always forget my defeats haha. As I was playing im on a break thinking, Kenny and Raymond would have been a good final and a chance for a different winner. I genuinely didn't think I would win this event as I lack lots of self belief and it's difficult with my anxiety/confidence issues that I have as it is.

This will be my last time entering this event, I think Mr Chairman agrees with this with our joke shared at the end!! 😄

Big well done to Kenny getting to the final. I feel I got all the run (yes me not Kenny!!) and had I not, I'm sure the result would have been a lot closer with Kenny getting earlier chances etc. Also great refereeing again from Ewan Laing, didn't even notice he was there, the sign of a good referee. Good luck to all in this event next season and thanks for the messages!

Marc

P.S. I think Riley's are willing to help out guys with a venue for the Scratch and below event if you want to do it over a day. Chance to get some new faces in too. Young talented player Oliver (13) wants to join this event too, so chance to get the youngsters in!!👍

Thommo6 has reacted to this post.
Thommo6
PreviousPage 7 of 8Next