Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumALCBSA: LeagueAGM Minutes
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

AGM Minutes

Hi All,

Please find a summary of minutes from the AGM yesterday.

Meeting was opened by Derek and minutes from previous meeting agreed - basically no changes last year.

• Financial report was distributed by Duncan.
  • Handicaps
    • This was discussed at length inc the pros and cons.  Proposal voted on was to reduce the cap for those with a handicap of -30 or more to a max of 50. Furthermore those with a handicap of -28 or less will play off a maximum start of 40.  The intention for this change is to make the league more competitive and enjoyable for all.  This change will be assessed prior to next season and altered again if need be. Vote: 5 for, 4 against.
  • Competitions
    • Entry for all comps (or two or more) if entered all at once will be £10. If entered separately will be £5 per comp. Competition dates will be posted on the website asap for all comps, to allow players to determine which events they can play.
    • This includes:
      • Derek Hearns Memorial
      • Doubles (open draw for each round)
      • Aberdeen Singles (open draw for each round)
      • North Of Scotland
      • Inter Clubs
      • Handicap (open draw for each round)
    • Captains (or nominee) to collect all monies and forward by one bank transfer for each team. Email to be sent to Duncan detailing breakdown of payment.
    • All competitions will go to a venue for semi and final only with the exception of the North of Scotland which will remain last 16 at venue.
    • Semi final will be a Monday, Final will be on a Tuesday for all comps to try and encourage as many spectators as possible for each competition.
    • Seeds will be reduced to 8 for Interclubs, North Of Scotland and Derek Hearns Memorial. The handicap and Aberdeen Singles will not be seeded.
    • All singles competitions will be a ranking event.
  • Smoker
    • We intend to hold a smoker this year at the end of the season. Would be good to utilise one of our licenced clubs to generate revenue for the chosen club.  We will look for nominations nearer the time a draw from hat if a few interested.
  • League
    • The league will commence on the 6th September, fixtures will be on league republic asap.
    • There will be no team registration fee this year.
    • High Break sections will be re-introduced depending on handicap category as before.
    • Thanks to Jason Florence for I believe the last 14 years as league secretary, this takes time and effort. Jason did a great job and was very much appreciated. Steve Clark will replace Jason as league secretary.
    • We will consider re-introduction of the team cup and advise asap.

I think I have covered everything discussed.  Thanks to all for attending.  If I have missed anything please advise.

Finally I understand everyone may have differing opinions on the content above, particularly the handicaps but this is far and away the most discussed topic and is work in progress, we will continue to develop over time.  Let's remember whilst its nice to win (inc the the league) its meant to be enjoyable for all win or lose. Be patient and give fresh ideas a chance.

Best Regards to all.

Derek

Murr has reacted to this post.
Murr

Cheers Derek

This was my first snooker AGM having only been playing in the league the last few years and I was impressed with the attitude and patience showed  while you listened to all the differing opinions.

May I offer a suggestion going forward that if the committee intend to put forward a proposal for the AGM that this is done so a few weeks before the AGM so that the team captains have the chance to talk with the team to hear the opinions and vote accordingly, everyone had the chance to put forward ideas on the forum which were discussed at the end and rejected (with good reasons given) so the committees idea should be no different.

this is not a criticism merely a suggestion having been on committees in the past I am well aware it is a thankless task. as you stated several times we are all there to have a couple of frames of Snooker on a Tuesday and enjoy the game the company and the banter.

Derry

Good feedback Derry.

Thanks

Derek