Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumALCBSA: League2023 League Champions
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

2023 League Champions

Congratulations to the Oldmachar guys for winning the league. Thoroughly deserved and some achievement off of their low handicaps πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Murr and AlecMain have reacted to this post.
MurrAlecMain

well done lads, well deserved

MurrAlecMain

Congratulations Oldmachar 1.

Great to see so many teams in with a shout for the title. Demonstrates the new handicap system is working πŸ‘

MurrAlecMain

Have to agree 100% Rene,been one of the most enjoyable and closest leagues for years,with 4 teams in with a shout in the final game.

A big shout out to our captain Alec and the rest of my team mates,well done lads.

MurrAlecMain

Congratulations Oldmachar 1. Best team in league, strength in depth wise. In reality they should be able to win however they didn't at a canter which shows the handicap is working perfectly. As Rene mentioned above, loads of teams in contention which is ideal and great for competitiveness. The handicaps are to help players along, a nudge if you like as opposed to donating frames because a player pots a red and black over the hole, and hides balls. Hopefully we can get the right system in place for next year that keeps it competitive and realistic. I get the issues with 'the cap' and how it's harder to recover for one player as opposed to another..... If this is the general consensus, the best option might be to categorise players vs ability. Last night a player at the Hopeville quoted he's been called a 'bandit' on multiple occasions. It's not fair to label a player like this and make him feel uncomfortable as he's a good player. He doesn't play weekly and his handicap won't be accurate for about another year. If we used a categories list, this would be an easy fix, you'd move them up a category. We at 22 Club have potentially now lost a player to the pool because he's not enjoying playing giving away too big starts weekly and we don't want this to happen! Anyway, all for the AGM I guess.

Oldmachar, best team and Champions, rightly so. Well done!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

MurrAlecMain

Well done on winning the leauge oldmacher 1 great achievement πŸ†

MurrAlecMain

Thanks for all the comments lads. It’s been a good season with some great performances from various players across multiple teams and great to see so many teams involved right to the finish.

I get the handicap conversation and would be open to dialogue on perhaps β€œtweaking” the extremities but this season demonstrates it’s nae far off as we had 5 or 6 teams in contention with a handful of games remaining.

See you all at the smoker for a few pints!! 🍺🍺🍺