Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumALCBSA: League2022/2023 Calendar
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

2022/2023 Calendar

Hi guys, this is competition schedule for the coming season. As explained at AGM if you enter the 5 comps ie 4 ranking plus Ian Wallace doubles you will get it for one payment of £10. Alternatively if you choose to enter one event at a time the fee will be £5 per comp. Entries in by 13th September. The Handicap singles everyone will automatically be entered free of charge.

Draw for Derek Hearns Memorial / Handicap singles. Draw to be done Sunday 18th September.

Derek Hearns Memorial Schedule

First round to be played by Monday 10th October

Second round to be played by Monday 31st October

Third round to be played by Monday 21 November

Quarter final to be played by Monday 12 December

Semifinals Monday 9th January 2023

Final Tuesday 10th January 2023

Handicap singles

First round to be played by Monday 17th October

Second round to be played by Monday 14th November

Third round to be played by Monday 12th December

Fourth round to be played by Monday 9th January 2023

Fifth round to be played by Monday 6th February 2023

Semifinals Monday 6th March 2023

Final Tuesday 7th March 2023

Interclubs

Draw Thursday 6th October

First round to be played by Monday 24th October

Second round to be played by Monday 14th November

Third round to be played by Monday 5th December

Quarter final to be played by Monday 26th December

Semifinals played on Monday 23rd January 2023

Final Tuesday 24th January 2023

Ian Wallace Doubles

Draw approximately Thursday 24th November

First round to be played by Monday 12th December

Second round to be played by Monday 26th December

Quarter finals to be played by Monday 16th January 2023

Semifinals played on Monday 6th February 2023

Final Tuesday 7th February 2023

North Of Scotland

Draw approximately Thursday 9th February 2023

First round to be played by Monday 27th February 2023

Second round to be played by Monday 20th March 2023

Third round to be played on Sunday 9th April 2023 through to final Thursday 13th April 2023

Aberdeen Singles

Draw approximately Thursday 2nd February 2023 Open draw

First round to be played by Monday 20th February 2023

Second round to be played by Monday 13th March 2023

Third round to be played by Monday 3rd April 2023

Quarter finals to be played by Monday 24th April 2023

Semifinals played on Monday 1st May

Final Tuesday 2nd May

We are considering having a team cup this season played in the same format as before first Thursday of the month. This is depending on entries received. Entry fee is £30 per team.

John

Just having a look over some of the dates,there seems to be some inconsistency with dates.

First of all why was the interclubs 5 days late on being posted(date given as above as 6th Oct not posted till 11th)given only 12 days to play a tie is very tight especially for shift workers or offshore workers,yet u get near 4 weeks to play a quarter final seems daft.Surely it would make sense to give all 1st and 2nd round ties 2 to 3 weeks to play rather than a quarter final as there is lot more ties to play.Can the comps be spread out a bit more or is this not doable,3 already running and come November the doubles will be underway as well having 4 comps running without one being completed.

I do kind of agree with Gavin’s post about the free week tomorrow in the league,why so early??.If it is for holidays as it was stated,then how are people supposed to play the interclubs if there not here to play in the league,as it has to be played by 24th Oct,so really given u even less than 12 days to play the 1st round???

Constructive criticism,thankless task  I kno,but only trying to help and make things easier,surely we want more people playing than pulling out cos of a few minor hitches.

Thanks Stevie,

I think the late posting was due to John moving house. We all do our best but have a life to get on with also. If anyone needs an extension we can and do allow within reason . John runs the comps single handed and would be happy for assistance if your offering???

With regard to free Tuesday we do have a good few guys on hols. Hopefully those not on hols can get interclubs played….😬

Thankless task as you say…

Can I ask where the 1st round of the doubles draw is,as above,Draw approx 24th Nov,it’s now the 1st Dec tomorrow and with the first round deadline being the 12th Dec along with Derek Hearns singles(same deadline)is it not leaving it tight to get games played.

Hi we  have delayed the start slightly of the Doubles comp as there has been quite a few comps being played which we appreciate.  There will be the same 3 week deadline when draw is done to get your games played.Can we ask if any pairs want yet to enter please either enter here or message me.We will attempt to do the draw by the end of this weekend.               Thanks John.

Thanks for reply John.

But with all due respect it was u that set out the dates in first place,now there’s a delay in doubles because there’s a few comps running did u not  think this when the dates were set,like I said in a previous post,it has taken me to ask a question for us to be told about this,when it could of been posted last week,I just hope people haven’t organised hols or work etc around the original dates which could force people to pull out.